Every so often, I like to take a day off and unwind from the crazy journey we know as life. When I do, that’s typically when I see a sign that the passion I have for helping women learn to love their bodies and feed it right is what I need to be doing.
Yesterday, I was lounging around my apartment because we were having our umpteenth snow fall of the season and I tuned into Bethenny. One of her guests for the day was an AMAZING woman named Torrie who lost 148 pounds in 3 years. Torrie is amazing because she did it the right way: she healthified her favorite foods so she’d never have to deprive herself of anything.
I found this recipe a while back and it’s an incredible way I can keep one of my “guilty pleasure” – Alfredo sauce – in my culinary repertoire. Another great thing about this recipe is that it uses Greek yogurt so I get a nice dose of protein and keep my immune system in tip top shape!
- 4oz plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup Silk soy milk
- 2Tbsp Smart Balance
- 2Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Warm a saucepan on medium heat
- Melt the Smart Balance
- Add your flour to create a paste
- Stir in garlic powder, black pepper, yogurt and milk
- Keep cooking on medium heat until the sauce thickens
- Add Parmesan cheese and stil until melted
- Pour over your favorite bowl of pasta and enjoy!