As a kid, I remember being addicted to fast food joints like McDonald’s and Taco Bell. One of my favorite things from Taco Bell was their beef tacos. Now that I’m almost 30, I want to pass on healthier recipes to my friends and family.
This is my basic taco recipe, but you can make enchiladas, empanadas, etc. the same way!
- Ground beef, chicken, shrimp, lobster, scallops or tofu
- Tortillas (multi-grain or whole wheat)
- Shredded cheese (I like Sargento’s Pepper Jack)
- Green, red, yellow peppers (diced)
- White, red, yellow onions (diced)
- Brown your meat or meat substitute in a saute pan on medium heat (add adobo for seasoning)
- Warm up the tortillas in a 2nd saute pan → put water in the pan, place it on a low simmer and let the tortilla sit in the warm water.
- After the ground beef is done, saute the peppers and onions
- Plate up the tortillas, veggies, and ground beef and ENJOY!!!