Like many kids, I absolutely detested vegetables. Even when my mom would say I could have dessert if I ate my vegetables, I found a way to worm my way out of eating them.
Fast forward to my early 20s… after coming home after graduation, I resolved to get more greens my diet. For the first three months, I made good on my promise, but I forgot the wise, old saying goes: “Variety is the spice of life.” I only bought spinach and would incorporate a plain chicken breast to get protein and I drowned it in Caesar dressing to hide the bitter taste of the spinach.
This is my go-to spinach salad recipe. The inclusion of a little bit of feta cheese eliminates my need for dressing and when all is said and done, this meal is about 300 calories and fuels me for the rest of the day!
- 1 ounce of feta cheese
- 1 cups of spinach
- 1 Purdue Perfect Portion chicken breast (Italian Style) or 1 scallop
- Place chicken breast in greased pan burning on medium heat and cook thoroughly, then cut into small pieces
- Cut 1 ounce block of feta into desired chunk size
- Place spinach in a large bowl
- Add cheese and chicken to spinach