A few weeks ago I wrote about how Greek yogurt is a fantastic substitute for other cooking fats like oils, lard, and so on.
I’ve been a chocoholic for as long as I can remember and I haven’t had brownies in a very long time because of the oil content. I decided to test how well Greek yogurt and I think I may have opened a portal to heaven!
I used the following ingredients for my brownies:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups Vanilla Greek yogurt (I used low fat)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup pecans
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, pecans),
- Blend all the wet ingredients – vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, chocolate chips (melt for 30s in a microwave safe bowl or in a small pot),
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients slowly (I did it a little too quickly and had one heck of a mess to clean up!),
- After you’ve combined the wet and dry ingredients, pour the batter into a pan (8x8x2 lined with parchment paper and slightly covered in olive oil to help keep the brownies from sticking),
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean,
- Let the brownies cool for about 15 minutes, and enjoy!